Saturday, March 6, 2010

Why do you think a sex-related scandal can "ruin" a woman today?

Question of the day:

Why do you think a sex-related scandal can "ruin" a woman today?

Well, in this day and age all you need is a username and a site. It's a more public thing to use technology to "get back" at people. Never did it myself, but in regards to "sexting"...

People-young and old- seem to forget that everything online can be read by anyone at anytime.

Sex-related scandals are everywhere, just look at Tiger Woods. He's a top athlete, was caught-whether intentionally or not- with a bunch of women, and his wife-supposedly- bludgened him with a nine-iron while he escaped in his fancy-schmancy car and crashed into a tree and a fire hydrant.

Now, I'm not saying that it's a good thing that someone's private life should be publicized, but everything today in the entertainment industry seems to buy into that nonsense.



In regards to this link for homework:
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1631891/20100212/story.html

I've never been one who "sexted" but, I've seen and heard about this "phenomenon" on the Tyra Show (Yes, I watch shows like that when I have nothing better to watch on TV.).

It was discussed at length even on the news stations, but the truth is the younger generations aren't careful about what they say to someone or they post weird pictures of themselves in poses or pouting (believe me, I know, my younger sis, who's a year younger than me, is subjected to this stuff. I'm just as guilty when I have friends posting pics of me from a cool Rabbi's house with a drink in hand.) on their Myspaces or Facebooks.


So, boys and girls, be careful what you do online: you can get in big trouble if you do something stupid.

3 comments:

  1. Yes if you actually think about it,it is very scary how at anytime someone can see everything you are doing on your cell phone and computer. Your life and body should not be exposed out there on peoples cell phones or computer screens because you never know who is on the other end of that phone or computer looking at your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, who sexts the most? Probably kids do, when we really think about it. And kids are sill learning about life, about what's right and what's wrong. I have a 17 year-old daughter, who a few years ago received a naked picture from an older boy, who wanted the same from her. I mean the boy has been to our home, I knew him, I knew his age etc., but I was really lucky my child shared this with me. I explained to her what can happen with a picture like this if it ends up in someone's hands. I think I will talk to her again about this today. I already e-mailed her the story.
    Women, or girls pay a high price for sexting, and all sex-related subjects. Men usually get away with it. Girls are looking for attention, boys are looking for whatever they can get away with. Of course a woman can be "ruined" about sex-related scandal. As weomen we should stick together a bit more. We probably should protect girls and women who find themselves in such terrible situations. It's easy to point fingers, but it's also easy to help and to protect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true that the internet has pretty much taken control of our lives. I'm still young, so it's basically all I know. But it is still weird to think how 24/7 we are connected to basically everyone we know. And in a sense we are connected to the whole world via the internet. So that is especially troublesome when a topic like "sexting" comes along. Teens live in the moment, and don't think about the consequences of their actions, and of course the girls want to boy's attention, so she will do what he wants. However, what she doesn't know (or doesn't think about) is that essentially anyone can get ahold of her pictures.

    If these are the issues that moms today have to deal with, I can only imagine what I'm going to have to through once I have my own kids. Scaaaary.

    ReplyDelete